SSL (EV) Certificate Opinion Letter

Only $49

Do you need an SSL Certificate Opinion? Did you find this page because your company is in the process of obtaining an Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificate for your company’s website. So as part of this process, your Certification Authority (CA) has asked you to obtain a professional opinion from an attorney or CPA as to certain facts about your business. I am a California Certified Public Accountant(CPA) in Los Angeles, and I can provide this extended letter to most businesses in the United States for only $49. Money back guarantee.

Different Certification Authority’s use different procedures to verify your information. But in most cases, they ask you to obtain an outside professional opinion – often a CPA, to verify some of the information. Most commonly, they will ask for the lawyer’s or CPA’s professional opinion about the validity of the following items:

  • Your company’s corporate structure.
  • The validity of your assumed name, if any.
  • Your physical location.
  • Your telephone number.
  • Your domain name.
  • The authority of the person who signed the EV documents.
  • Your bank account.

Different CA’s request different information in the CPA opinion letter, but these are generally the items they need verified. After the CA receives an opinion letter from the accountant, the CA will follow up to make sure that the letter really came from that professional. The CA can do this follow up in one of two ways: They can confirm the office’s phone number in the phone book and simply call. Or in some rarecases, they will confirm the CPA office’s address from the board of accountancy website.

I can provide this opinion letter and take care of the follow-up contacts for $49. In the rare cases that I can’t do it for this low price, I will refund 100% of your fee. Such cases are very uncommon. In most cases, I will be able to provide you with the opinion letter that you need. I normally get to work the same day I receive your request. It will generally take about a day to complete the process if I get the documents promptly, since some documents must be sent by mail. If you need faster service, please email or fax me.

In some cases, it will be easier for you to have your CPA write the letter for you. However, your own CPA has probably never done such a letter before, and understandably, they are going to need to do some research before signing their name to a document they don’t understand. And they will have to charge you for the time spent doing this research and preparation. Since I am already familiar with the process, I don’t need to charge you for that time. Like you, I operate a small business, and I realize the importance of keeping expenses to a minimum. But I will also act with integrity in preparing my opinion, since I know that it is being relied upon by the CA. I also know that it is being relied upon by members of the public when they do business through secure websites. I take this responsibility seriously, and I will not cut corners on the verification process.

I am a CPA in California, and I have been in practice for years.  I can write a letter on behalf of any company in the United States. I have worked with most certifying authorities, including GoDaddy, Starfield, GeoTrust, and VeriSign, will accept my letters for clients anywhere in the U.S.

If you would like to retain me to prepare an opinion letter, please contact me by e-mail, fax or phone. After your initial contact, I will ask you to send me some or all of the following information and documents:

  • Copies of the documents you received from your Certification Authority. Generally, they will provide a sheet listing the exact information they need in the opinion letter. Sometimes they provide a sample opinion letter which will be very helpful. These documents generally include the following information:
    • The name of the CA, and any special instructions they have for opinion letters
    • CA’s file number
    • Your company name
    • Any name under which you are “doing business as”
    • The name of the person from the company who requested the certificate
    • The state where you are organized or incorporated
    • The street address where your company does business
    • The company phone number
    • Your domain name
  • If your company is listed in your local telephone directory, a copy of the page showing your listing, which shows the same phone number shown above. Also include a copy of the cover of that same phone book and/or the title page.
  • If your company is not listed in the phone directory with that number, then include a copy of a recent phone bill for that number. The copy you send me must show the number and the name and address of the person responsible for the phone service.
  • A document showing that you have the right to use your domain name. If a WHOIS search for your domain name shows your company name and address, this is sufficient. But if the WHOIS search shows an unrelated company (as often happens), then I’ll need a copy of some document (such as a bill from your hosting provider).
  • A check to me from your company’s bank account. Normally, this check will be in the amount of $49, and will serve as my payment. But you will still need to send me a corporate check for at least one dollar. I will verify the account number with your bank, and I will also cash this check. The check must be drawn on a U.S. bank or other financial institution (such as a credit union). I can accept credit card payments, and if you prefer to pay this way, just let me know and I’ll give you instructions. If you pay by credit card, that payment will be for $48, and you will need to send a corporate check in the amount of $1.

After I have received this information, I will verify it. Depending on your situation, the steps that I take to verify might vary. But typically, my verification process will include the following:

  • I will verify that your company is incorporated properly looking at the secretary of state information online or calling the appropriate office per your state.
  • I will verify your company’s phone number, by calling, and by looking it up in some online databases.
  • I will cash your check, or also contact your bank for verification of the account.
  • Depending on your situation, or information requested by your CA, I might take other steps to verify your information.

Assuming that I am satisfied with my verification, I will send the opinion letter, either to you, and/or directly to your CA. If I do encounter any problems, I will contact you. In the unlikely event that I’m not able to write the letter, I’ll refund your entire fee.

At that point, I will wait for the CA to contact me usually by telephone, and when they do, I will confirm that I really sent the letter.

My goal is to make this process as easy as possible for you, . If you have any questions at any point during the process, please feel free to contact me.

To begin the process, please first contact me by e-mail or phone. My e-mail address is [email protected] and my phone number is 818-576-1500. If, for some reason, you are not able to send one of the documents, please let me know. In some cases, I might be able to consider alternate documents.